A Insta+Grapple mutator? (UT2004)

Is there a grappling hook mutator? I miss my Q3A railgun/grapple combo :)
I've tried the grapple in ChaosUT, but:

1) It's overcomplicated. I want a basic one like Q3A's. Hold down button
to extend, connect, and draw you in. Release button to release grapple.
2) It's TOO LOUD compared to all the other sounds in the game!

There must be one somewhere

--
Toby

No-one else here is a grapple fan? That surprises me. Grapple is
brilliant alongside instagib - it turns it into more of an air-borne
high-speed game, you have to be looking ahead, behind *and* above :)

--
Toby

Toby Newman wrote:
> No-one else here is a grapple fan? That surprises me. Grapple is
> brilliant alongside instagib - it turns it into more of an air-borne
> high-speed game, you have to be looking ahead, behind *and* above :)

Well, there's the NinjaRopeTwo mutator. It adds a hook with more
'realistic' behaviour than the ChaosUT grapple, and it behaves the way
you want, click to grapple, and release to ungrapple.

http://www.jeffwofford.com/unreal.html

"Dekaritae" <maur@mdi.ca> wrote in message
> Toby Newman wrote:
>
> Well, there's the NinjaRopeTwo mutator. It adds a hook with more
> 'realistic' behaviour than the ChaosUT grapple, and it behaves the way
> you want, click to grapple, and release to ungrapple.
>
> http://www.jeffwofford.com/unreal.html

thanks for that link. It looks interesting.

--

Margolis
http://web.archive.org/web/20030215212142/http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

# maur@mdi.ca

> Well, there's the NinjaRopeTwo mutator. It adds a hook with more
> 'realistic' behaviour than the ChaosUT grapple, and it behaves the way
> you want, click to grapple, and release to ungrapple.
>
> http://www.jeffwofford.com/unreal.html

This one's *so close*, but not quite there... Basically, you have to
change weapon to Translocator to fire the rope, which makes it pretty
useless in combat. This is a shame, because it's really cool how it
bends around corners.

To be of any use in combat, you need the rope bound to a key/button
regardless of your current weapon.

--
Toby

"Toby Newman" <google@asktoby.com> wrote in message
> # maur@mdi.ca
>

> To be of any use in combat, you need the rope bound to a key/button
> regardless of your current weapon.

that's not true at all. It does help quite a bit if you can use it
"off-hand". But it would still be useful, you just have to use more
caution.

--

Toby Newman wrote:

> This one's *so close*, but not quite there... Basically, you have to
> change weapon to Translocator to fire the rope, which makes it pretty
> useless in combat. This is a shame, because it's really cool how it
> bends around corners.
>
> To be of any use in combat, you need the rope bound to a key/button
> regardless of your current weapon.

I recall that Seismic CTF for UT2003 had a grappling hook that functions
like that. It doesn't appear to be available for UT2004, though.

http://the-pantheon.net/seismic/