990 fxa-gd80 mobo support physx?

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
Ok so I'm finding that I'm not so much a novice its seems techwise. I'm an old school faithful follower of AMD and like the cubs fan who became a cubs fan via dad I'm finding I'm not so much of an AMD FAN as I indulge more and more into the NVIDIA/intel market. So heres the deal. I ditched my CF'ed 6850' s in exchange for a single 570 just to have an NVIDIA experience and all I can say right now is I'm in awe. Now here r my current comp specs so my question is so confusing.

990fxa-gr80 mobo
Zahlman 850 ( love this thing) psu
8 gigs of1333 set3
Phenom ii 965 3.4 (not impressed)
Coolermaster HAF912
Loads of leds (blue of course)
320 gig wd bc 7200 rpm at 32 cache

Now my question is this. Does my mobo support physx?
I know it supports both SLI and cf so that's not an issue. Searched high n low and can't find this answer.

Solution
NVIDIA PhysX runs on an NVIDIA PhysX enabled GPU. It's not motherboard dependent.

You should see the PhysX configuration setting in the NVIDIA Control Panel if your graphics card supports it.

briansklein

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2011
You rock man just confirmed it after your post thank you soo much. Went to the nvidia physx forums and what you said is exactly right. Also had no idea I could sli my 570s and put a 3rd physx capable card just to support the physx graphic. Thinking of a 460 or something considerably cheaper to dedicate it to. Actually I'm thinking of just the zotac 570 amp edition i have and a 460 to dedicate to physx. what a great idea why didnt ati do this....