Help With 2.5 Laptop HDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
I am trying to use my laptop HDD on my computer For the time being so I can play some games, Currently I am running Puppy Linux off of a CD. My hdd is supposeed to be a Sata harddrive, and while it very well may be the connectors are Extremely differnt than what I thought they would be.

My question is What the hell are they and is there a type of dock or chord that I can buy to be able to connect my HDD to my MOBO? The connectors are lust thin long metal tabs that slide into grooves on the laptop HDD. I can tell that in a way they are sata because they have the same number of connectors as the normal sata 15 power pins and about 6 data pins but they come no where near being thing enough to fit in the normal sata and sata power chords.

All help is appreciated~!

Solution
A quick google search indicates that it is an adaptor for the hdd and can be removed quite easily. WHo would have thought that a google search for "weird sata adaptor would turn up a hit first try.

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011
A quick google search indicates that it is an adaptor for the hdd and can be removed quite easily. WHo would have thought that a google search for "weird sata adaptor would turn up a hit first try.

Solution

stanfiem

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2011

Oh yeah! The only downside is I can't afford a cooler for another week so I am stuck with the stock POS and all this wasted clockspeed!