Sign in with
Your question

Trouble with sata

Last response: in Storage
January 31, 2013 12:06:29 AM

Hello, im trying to copy files from my old laptop harddrive to a new harddrive using a sata enclosure .when i plug it in to the laptop it dings like it recognizes it the red light stays on, the harddrive is running. it shows up in windows explorer its reading it but it pops up saying windows cannot access your drive. when i diagnose the problem says something about its not setup with the remote desktop connection when i try and set it up it wont let me when i see videos on who to use the sata enclosure nothing is ever said about any remote desktop connection. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

More about : trouble sata

January 31, 2013 3:15:14 PM

jm running windows 8. how do I disable the remote desktop?
m
l
Related resources
February 7, 2013 11:04:42 PM

kenrivers said:
What OS are you running on the computer? I take it the old drive is the one in the SATA enclosure. You might want to try disabling Remote Desktop Access and then try to copy the files.
Windows XP: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/window...
Window 7: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff404238.as...

hello I tried all that. when I connect the enclosure to the pc the red light stays on the enclosure I can hear the harddrive spinning. also I have 3 computers and it doesn't work on either one does the same thing on all of them so I don't know what the problem is now. I don't know what else to do
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 122 G Storage
February 8, 2013 1:14:44 AM

It is possible the drive or enclosure has failed. I see you have tried it on three different computers and it does not work on any of them. I would try a different drive enclosure to rule that out as the problem.
m
l
February 8, 2013 1:24:17 AM

I did this is the second enclosure. Something is definately wrong maybe something is in that harddrive thats stopping it from copying
m
l
February 8, 2013 2:21:18 AM

Ok ill try that thank you
m
l
February 15, 2013 3:35:47 AM

and both of those didn't work
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 122 G Storage
February 15, 2013 3:40:12 AM

I hope someone can help you. I'm not too familiar with Windows 8 (tried it for about two weeks).
m
l
February 15, 2013 3:43:53 AM

kenrivers said:
I hope someone can help you. I'm not too familiar with Windows 8 (tried it for about two weeks).

I hope so thank you for your info and your help
m
l
a b D Laptop
a c 122 G Storage
February 15, 2013 3:45:39 AM

Sorry I couldn't be more help.
m
l
!