Trouble with sata

garyj07

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
Hello, im trying to copy files from my old laptop harddrive to a new harddrive using a sata enclosure .when i plug it in to the laptop it dings like it recognizes it the red light stays on, the harddrive is running. it shows up in windows explorer its reading it but it pops up saying windows cannot access your drive. when i diagnose the problem says something about its not setup with the remote desktop connection when i try and set it up it wont let me when i see videos on who to use the sata enclosure nothing is ever said about any remote desktop connection. any help will be greatly appreciated thank you

garyj07

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

hello I tried all that. when I connect the enclosure to the pc the red light stays on the enclosure I can hear the harddrive spinning. also I have 3 computers and it doesn't work on either one does the same thing on all of them so I don't know what the problem is now. I don't know what else to do

garyj07

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013

I tried changing the drive letter and also tried a different enclosure I don't know what else to try