Closed Solved

I'm Looking for a good monitor

I'm looking to buy a monitor and I want it to have HDMI so I can hook up my 360 to it and have my PC connected at the same time, it's not a req but I would really like it, also fast response time is a must, I saw this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236065&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3463938&SID thing on newegg but I don' know what the GTG means so i doubt its really 2ms that is insane accuracy

PS: My current GPU is a HD 4580 with 1GB of video ram
CPU is a x4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz

I just wanna make sure I can still run my fav games because I can right now no problem (besides crysis)
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good monitor
  1. Best answer
    sowexly said:
    I'm looking to buy a monitor and I want it to have HDMI so I can hook up my 360 to it and have my PC connected at the same time, it's not a req but I would really like it, also fast response time is a must, I saw this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236065&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-RSSDailyDeals-_-na-_-na&AID=10521304&PID=3463938&SID thing on newegg but I don' know what the GTG means so i doubt its really 2ms that is insane accuracy

PS: My current GPU is a HD 4580 with 1GB of video ram
    CPU is a x4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz

I just wanna make sure I can still run my fav games because I can right now no problem (besides crysis)

I recommend THIS Viewsonic, It's at a good price and I have a similar model. There great monitors!
  2. Quote:
    Response times are now commonly quoted in "GTG" (alternately but less commonly "G2G," meaning: "grey-to-grey"[3]) or "GLRT" (meaning: "Gray Level Response Time"[4]) figures and specs of 6ms, 4ms and 2ms GTG are widely available.

I have a acer with 2ms response time an HDMI, DVI, and VGA slot and I love it. It looks much better than my friends HansG and my other friends Samsung.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824009125

Out of stock however.

Also I think all of the responce time thing isn't all its hyped up to be, regardless I still bought my monitor for it.
  3. Anything below 5ms is acceptable, It's very unlikely you will notice the difference between them.
  4. decode said:
    Anything below 5ms is acceptable, It's very unlikely you will notice the difference between them.

Exactly.
  5. I've always recommended Dell screens. Don't know how price comparative they are, but they're certainly good screens. I've got 2 Dell 24" and they've been great for the last 4yrs. Customer service may be an issue - just the language barrier from what I remember.
  6. Dell are alot more expensive as SFAIK they don't wholesale. There Alienware's are meant to be good quality, but all are expensive, I'd rather go for Viewsonic/Asus/Samsung over a dell anyways.
  7. I got myself a BenQ E2420 and it's good, HDMI, DVI, 2ms BUT it does not allow you to adjust the monitor height (as I found out the hard way), however I have fixed this by placing a couple of phone books under the monitor to bring it up (as i'm 6'4" and have to hunch over for most things).

Today's lesson:

Check the physical make up of monitor, not just the refresh rates/response times!
  8. Best answer selected by sowexly.
  9. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Monitors Graphics Product