Removing cpu fan error, kuhler 920/asus extreme z

fhinojosa07

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Im attempting to get my new rig up and running.
Specs:
Asus Maximus IV extreme z
Kuhler 920 liquid cooling
I7 2600k 1155
Gtx 580 3ghz
Corsair vengeance 1600 MHz 16 gig
Ocz 120 gig ssd
CM silent pro gold 1200 w psu

I have other hardware but for now thats all I have in an attempt to install my OS. I was able to get it to boot to the windows installation screen once, it unpacked 99% but it gave out, not sure what made it happen. I forced it to boot to my disk drive first, but now I'm getting a "CPU fan error" message and error code 34 on my mobo (CPU post memory initialization).

First off, I've never installed a liquid cooling system so I'm not sure it is installed correctly. Secondly, this is my first ground up build ever so I'm not that experienced.

Any assistance/clarification is appreciated. Thanks

adam duncan

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
i had that cooling system and there should be a little 3 pin plug that comes of the cooling block that needs to be pluged into the same spot as your cpu fan would hope that helped

fhinojosa07

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Yeah that was one of the problems. After doing more research, apparently a lot of people had the same issue. After reinstalling the os multiple times, putting the USB cable in all of the slots, I think the problem was with the hardware itself. I exchanged it for the corsair h80. Works like a charm.

TRENDING THREADS