Sign in with
Your question

Asus P8Z68-V PRO BSOD issue

Last response: in Motherboards
September 17, 2011 9:29:33 AM

Hey all,

I have just built a new system (minus the graphics cards which should be here on Monday), the specs are:

CPU - Intel i5 2500K with a Corsair H100 cooler
Motherboard - Asus P8Z68-V PRO (BIOS Version 0606)
RAM - 8Gb of Corsair Vengeance LP @ 1600Mhz
SSDs 2 Crucial M4s (with the 0009 firmware update) in RAID 0
PSU - OCZ ZX 1250watt

The problem I'm having is with the integrated graphics - I play LoL, which isn't a very demanding game, yet get the BSOD :fou: 

I'm updating the driver right now so I'll give that a try and then see what happens and I suppose I could try using my old 9600GT to see if it is being caused by the Intel Graphics but in the meantime, if anyone knows what the problem is or has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it :) 
September 17, 2011 9:37:41 AM

Are you running anything over clocked?

September 17, 2011 9:42:49 AM

No, I haven't set any overclocking yet. I was running in "Turbo" mode but read that that could be the cause on my problem so I switched back to standard mode
Related resources
September 17, 2011 9:57:52 AM

I think you've hit the nail on the head with the integrated graphics, although I've not been able to replicate, nor have I seen your error with my rig. Just to eliminate it, run memtest over the board as the intgrated graphics does use the DDR3 memory as it has none onboard.

Might be worth while getting a Linux LIVE CD and running off that just to ensure that it's not a software error - I've found in the past that a re-install fixes annoying nuances like this, but tbh I've never relied on Integrated graphics until recently - to free up more resource fro my GTX 295 for folding :) 
September 17, 2011 10:05:31 AM

After installing the new driver, the computer just restarted... no BSOD, just a black screen and then booted up just fine :??: 

What I'll do then is run memtest (by the way, what sort of results should I be looking for? :kaola:  ) and then if that doesn't work, I'll use the 9600GT and see if that helps
September 17, 2011 11:48:11 AM

Ok so I put my 9600GT in and am running 3DMark Vantage (and laughing at the fps) to try and make the BSOD come up but all seems well. I think I was just trying to push the integrated graphics a little too hard but we'll see
!