Cause of damaged user profile??

One of our users logged in this morning to find that XP (Pro, SP2, with
updates) had recreated her user profile. I believe I have recovered her usual
settings, but I'd like to have a better idea of WHY this happened. I realize
nobody will be able to give me a definitive answer about what her specific
problem was, but is this normally a hardware problem? User error /
misbehavior? Virus or trashware? How should I go about diagnosing the cause?

TIA for all your expertise!
1 answer Last reply
More about cause damaged user profile

    If it only happens once it probably isn't worth worrying about. Probably
    most common would be some form of abnormal shutdown.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "SharonW" wrote:
    | One of our users logged in this morning to find that XP (Pro, SP2, with
    | updates) had recreated her user profile. I believe I have recovered her
    usual
    | settings, but I'd like to have a better idea of WHY this happened. I
    realize
    | nobody will be able to give me a definitive answer about what her specific
    | problem was, but is this normally a hardware problem? User error /
    | misbehavior? Virus or trashware? How should I go about diagnosing the
    cause?

    | TIA for all your expertise!

Configuration Windows XP