ethilen

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
hi guys,,,I bought 8 gig corsair vengeance (2x4gig),,,and I know that it should run at 1600Mhz,,but mine runs at 1333Mhz,,,,and I had another problem too(which now has been solved),I have ASUS P8P67 Deluxe,when I assembled it and turned it on,it shut down and turned on again,,,I searched and found that I had to turn off the PLL overvoltage in set up which overclocks CPU and in turn Ram to run at 1600Mhz,,,when I turned it off,it got ok and didnt shut down,,,,but my ram runs at 1333,,,does is have much difference in gaming? if so,,,what should I do to run it at 1600Mhz without overclocking the Cpu?

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
You can set the RAM frequency manually in BIOS without using PLL overvoltage. I can't remember where exactly it is and my mobo is in service, but it's somewhere on the same page as the PLL overvoltage, I think, and it's the second tab in the BIOS (Advanced Mode). Look around, you'll find it :) It's set on Auto by default and setting it on 1600 MHz might try to change the CPU multiplier, but you can set the CPU back on Auto and leave the RAM at the desired frequency.

EDIT: The PLL overvoltage reboot on start glitch is notorious on P8P67 mobos, don't worry.

ethilen

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

thank you,,but I want to know if there is considerable difference between 1333 and 1600 in gaming,,,,if so,I will change it,if not,I wont.please help

The biggest difference you'll see is on a heavy overclock. If you are not going to be OCing heavily, then 1333 is good. and it's basically been declared that 1333 is just as good as 1600 when it comes to DDR3. Just like dual channel vs triple channel, there's only very slim instances.
and As for AMD or Intel they both support Native DDR3 1333MHz, and i was recommended by AMD not to go above 1333 as it could damage the IMC on the Phenom II CPU.
if your RAM is running okay @ 1333MHz with the proper timings you don't have to adjust it, just leave it with the stock configuration set by BIOS

There will be a HUGE difference in FPS. It might even reach a whole 1%.
Sorry about the sarcasm, I couldn't resist:)

Memory speeds for sandy bridge are relevant only to synthetic benchmarks, but are undetectable in actual app performance or FPS.
Read more:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/4503/sandy-bridge-memory-scaling-choosing-the-best-ddr3/1

ethilen

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

thank you so much,,,,now I am much relieved knowing there is no real difference between them,,,I'll leave it as it is,,,,much obliged

ethilen

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

thank you so much,you are right,I'll leave it as it is.

TRENDING THREADS