What would YOU do? (I Hate rubbish customer service!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So yeah I'm looking for a reference design HD5850 (Orginal cooler, PCB....ETC) because I have an EK FC HD5850 Waterblock already and its only compatible with reference design cards...

Sooo.... The answer seems simple ... Buy a reference design card, well I'm having alot of trouble finding any.

Overclockers.co.uk appear to have some in stock http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-148-XF&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=411

The manufactures code suggests its a reference design ( HD-585A-ZNF7 and not HD-585X-ZAFV) However nothing is ever this simple, a reviewer and purchaser of the product said that he/she did not receive a reference design "I received is a non-reference design, featuring the fan in the middle of the card rather than on the end"

So this left me confussed, I decided to give overclockers.co.uk a call, The guy I spoke to didn't know what a reference design card was... after alittle explaining he then realised what I was talking about...I asked him if he or someone else could check the stock of the XFX HD5850's and see if there where any reference design cards left, and if there was could he reserve one for me...
He said he was unable to give out that infomation as I might receive a different card... ( even though I said " reserve one for me" ). I also tried there Technical support Ticket thing but got the same reply.

So would you go for it and take the risk even though the last reviewer received a non-reference card?

I'm kinda stuck with this EK FC block now....

Oh and if anyone knows of any reference design HD5850's for sale in the UK (so no Newegg please) then feel free to tells me!

Much love :sol:

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Your could try tracking down a used one via eBay or a similar source. As dipankar said, reference models are quite rare. Production models from every manufacturer have changed quite a lot since release.

Lol I really am aware that reference HD5850's are hard to come by, I have shopped around alot...

I've also looked on ebay and there are some reference design cards but there silly prices (£230+)

So any answers to my orginal question and the question about VTX cards?

Vadorsystems

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2010
Well, since you're talking about uk companies im guessing you're in the UK so If you want I can have a chat with our suppliers on monday and see if they have any reference design models laying around anywhere or if they could get them from anywhere as the only 585A one listed that i can see is the HD-585A-ZNFV. If you want me to ask about it just send me a message and ill be sure to get back to you.

You have a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS