Gigabyte G1 Guerrilla - RAID 0 Controller not found

robjr14

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
Hi there,

I seem to have run into a problem with my new G1 guerrilla board regarding SATA3 Raid 0 (with 2x1TB WD Caviar Black 6.0). My previous board was the Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (rev 2.0) and raid worked without any problems. The drivers from gigabyte.com worked fine and everything installed properly with the UD3R board. Now, with the guerrilla board, it took me a couple of minutes to get into the Raid configuration menu but managed to get in there and setup VD for raid 0. The WD drives are not my OS drives (I'm using 2 OCZ SSD's for raid 0 for my os).

After installing windows, I do the usual installs of the chipset and whatnot. All downloaded from gigabyte's website so that I'm using the latest available versions (Note: motherboard bios version updated to F2). After installing everything, when looking in Device Manager I still somehow don't have a raid controller installed thus leaving me with my 2 SSD's only as the other drives dont get picked up by windows. I have gone into disk manager to see if I had to initialize the drives but they aren't available in there.

I tried installing previous versions of the marvel controller's but nothing worked. My bios have all settings set to RAID. When I change the GSATA3 option to AHCI, the drives are picked up in windows but they are 2 sepperate drives and not functioning in raid.

If anyone's had similar problems, i'd like to know how you've solved them. I'm still reading and trying new things to try and see if it works

Thank you in advanced.

robjr14

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
I finally got this to work now. I had to download drivers from another website since the ones from gigabyte.com don't work for the Sata3 raid controller.

The drivers downloaded are the marvell_91xx_1.2.0.1006-WHQL from station-drivers.com. So if anyone else is having similar issues with the sata3 raid controller for the G1 killer board, that controller driver should solve the issue.