Sign in with
Your question

External Hard Drive Problems, Please Help

Last response: in Storage
January 31, 2013 8:04:00 AM

i have a Seagate GoFlex 500gb portable HD, it can be seen in My Computer, but when i open it, it shows folders with random letters and numbers and a link to the said HD, when i open the link to access my HD i get a RunDLL notice saying "there was a problem starting ~$WUKZOOD.USBDrv the specified module could not be found", i looked into the properties of the link to my HD, and the target is (C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe ~$WUKZOOD.USBDrv,_fndot@16 desktop.ini " "), please help me. i dont know what ive done and i dont know what to do, i cant access my HD.

Mia.
January 31, 2013 8:06:52 AM

Do a vrus scan with malwarebytes and superantispyware.

Sounds like a virus to me.
January 31, 2013 8:09:20 AM

thanks for the fast response, il do it now, gonna post later for results, thanks again!
Related resources
January 31, 2013 4:01:06 PM

scanned everything, "there was a problem starting ~$WUKZOOD.USBDrv the specified module could not be found" still shows up, still cant access my HD, please help. :( 
January 31, 2013 4:12:02 PM

If it's not too much trouble why don't you copy out all the files you need to keep and format the drive.
April 16, 2013 9:48:27 AM

Hi mia717 sorry for late reply but this answers is for others who are facing this problem and search it on google and land to this page. Its a Virus it hides your Data in a folder with no name yes NO NAME and makes a .Ink file which executes rundll32.exe to produce above error what i did is to

• Open this hard disk in Linux system Delete .Ink file and Desktop.ini or you should delete all folders and files other than this BLANK NAMED FOLDER.

• Rename the blank named folder to anything like "amar" without quotes.

• Now Open again it in Windows. Now you won't see amar Folder where your data is, but its there so don't worry ;) 

• Now go to Address Bar and after your Hard Disk Drive name type amar e.g. F:/amar and press Enter.

• And BOOM you got your Files Back :) 

• Now Cut and Paste all your data where ever You want except the Invisible Folder :) 
    !