-$75 ATX Case

im currently looking for a case for a future build thats under $75. i currently have the Coolermaster HAF 912 picked out but it only comes 2 120mm fans one in the front and one in the back. i would LOVE to get the HAF 912 PLUS but its only sold in Europe at the moment. if it does become available in america before i buy my case i will buy it.

im basically looking for the most bang for my buck. i would like cable management , fans, ATX compatible.... i would mainly just like to see what the community would recommend.
11 answers Last reply
More about case
  1. I now it has been around for a while, but it will work well:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129042
  2. You cant beat the 690II for that price... the Haf 912+ maybe better but if not available then the 690II is teh case to get...

if you can shell out $20 more you'll get the Haf 922 - hands down the best sub $100 case you can get your hands on ATM...

BTW a few other cases to consider

Antec DF-10 for $70 + shipping...

Thermaltake V3 Black Edition for $45 + shipping...

Thermaltake V6 BlacX Edition for $ 50 + shipping...

Thermaltake Armor A90 for $70 + FREE shipping (it comes with 3 Fans)...
  3. I vote for the Coolermaster CM 690. That model series has been around for a few years. It's a classic case. Ventilation, airflow, and case cooling are very very good.
  4. I got my Antec 902 Case for 65$ after Sale and MIR
  5. on the 690 II can you install a 120mm on the top? or is it 140mm only? im asking because i plan to add the CoolIT SYSTEMS ECO-R120 Advanced Liquid Cooling to it at some point and its radiator and fan is a 120. i could add it to the back but i would like to know if a top mount is optional.
  6. OK charon... there are at least 2 models of 690II available in newegg...

1. COOLER MASTER CM690 II Basic for US$ 70+ $10 shipping
    2. COOLER MASTER CM690 II Advanced for US$ 90+ FREE shipping

None of these are under $75... and if you do decide on any of them consider Haf 922 for US$ 100 + FREE shipping (theres a $10 off if you buy before the 19th)... much better case than the 690II...

Both the 690II models support two 120/140 mm fans at the top and at the bottom... The best place for the coolit rads would be at the bottom as an intake...
  7. abully said:
    The best place for the coolit rads would be at the bottom as an intake...

i dont think the hoses are long enough to reach the bottom. it is a pre made unit with coolant already added in and everything.

im currently playing around with the budget and IF i can afford it ill definatly get either the 690II adv or the HAF 922.

but i must say i do like how clean looking the 690II looks. im really liking that interior and it looks like it gives you more options on air flow than the HAF.
  8. The main difference between 690 and Haf is the fan size... Haf has bigger fans (meaning more cfm and less noise)... the looks also change so thats a personal preference...
  9. i just wish the HAF had a black interior but as you said thats personal preference.
  10. Oops that was the review for the Advanced. Here are the differences:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AubfqMN9XgE

This is a new case, a bit funky but it seems it's a good case:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156251
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Cooler Master Cases ATX Components Product