Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 8 64-bit .iso?

Last response: in Windows 8
January 7, 2013 2:37:56 AM

Hello,

On Tuesday I'll be rebuilding my computer with an i5-3570k and an ASrock Z77 Extreme 4 Motherboard. I currently have Windows 8 running on my pc now, but I don't have an installation cd/usb. I've looked a little bit, but can't seem to find an iso download for Win 8. If anyone could link to a download for it that would be great. Thanks

More about : windows bit iso

Best solution

a b * Windows 8
January 7, 2013 2:57:50 AM

There are no direct downloads. You were supposed to burn the disk when you did the install. You will have to go back through the upgrade assistant to get the files.

www.intowindows.com/download-windows-8-iso-from-microso...
January 7, 2013 3:31:36 AM

I didn't upgrade though. I bought a preconfigured computer and it came with Win 8 already installed.
Related resources
January 7, 2013 3:37:21 AM

Just looked up the Win 8 upgrade assistant and downloaded it. Thanks.
January 7, 2013 3:37:27 AM

Best answer selected by jthill909.
a b * Windows 8
January 7, 2013 3:56:38 AM

jthill909 said:
I didn't upgrade though. I bought a preconfigured computer and it came with Win 8 already installed.

You can't do that then. Prebuilts come with OEM licensing. They are valid for install on one PC ONLY and are locked to the motherboard. You are not allowed to change the motherboard, as that constitutes a new PC, unless it fails and can't be repaired/replaced with an identical one.

You have to buy a new copy of windows. the upgrade assistant shouldn't even work with an OEM key.
January 22, 2013 10:12:43 PM

unksol said:
You can't do that then. Prebuilts come with OEM licensing. They are valid for install on one PC ONLY and are locked to the motherboard. You are not allowed to change the motherboard, as that constitutes a new PC, unless it fails and can't be repaired/replaced with an identical one.

You have to buy a new copy of windows. the upgrade assistant shouldn't even work with an OEM key.

Kinda late, but it did work. My OEM key worked just fine and the installation was very easy.
!