User Rights changes

September 19, 2005 6:02:56 PM

What is the effect on the system of making a limited user temporarily an
administrator (in order to install certain applications, like toolbar
wallpaper, for them) and then returning them to limited user status? Will
this corrupt their profiles or do any damage?

More about : user rights

January 19, 2006 7:37:19 PM

If you temporarily make a user an administrator to install items, and then return to the previous settings, you should experience no trouble. I have done it before and it seems to work fine with me.
January 20, 2006 3:12:15 PM

I do it all the time, if I need to install a piece of software, etc. There are no problems encountered. The rights assigned to files, etc. don't change. That user just moves to the administrator group and back to users group when you change it back.
!