Problems with mounting corsair a70 cpu fan correctly

ltdata_10

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
Hello,

I have problems mounting corsair a70 with fans heading in the right directions. I have am3 socket and its seems its only possible to mount the cpu fan in one direction. So now it sucks in warm air from gpu and blows it out in the wall of my cabinet! Of course I want it to suck in from front intake and blow out trough back exaust. Anyone know how I can solve this? Or maybe I am doing something wrong. These 2 things (dont know the name) where I mount cpu fans with the bracket its heading south/north and not east/vest, and I cant adjust the fans!

I have a Asus m4A88T-V Evo motherboard

1965ohio

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
If the air is just hitting the case, then it's useless. If it has holes to blow out of and move the air in the right way, then it's fine. I wouldn't recommend that kind of cooler for AMD boards unless you got a special case. I don't know why they designed it that way. :cry:

1965ohio

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2011
As long as the airflow can move and is not obstructed, then there is no issue with that cooler. As long as it is not blowing hot air on the video card or into a close area of the cabinet. The a70 is better suited to Intel systems so it can blow right through rear of the case. I still use the AMD stock cooler, but one of my friends uses something just like the a50... he just did a little clever duct work to make it go out the back. Works good, but it looks ugly. LOL :D