Saphire Radeon HD5670 in BFG 590 mobo

willstrotheide

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
I built a new PC a while back with 2 Saphire Radeon HD5670s with intentions of Crossfiring. Both cards ran fine individually but later found that one of the crossfire chips was faulty so I decided to just give one of the cards to a friend of mine. I am trying to get installed for him but am having problems.

His rig at a glance:

Mobo: BFG Nvidia Nforce 590
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2
Ram: 2GB DDR2
Powersupply: 480watts

He orginally had a Visiontek HD2400 pro but when I placed the HD5670, the computer refuses to boot. The video card is getting power because I can hear the fan going but the screen is blank and the mobo never beeps. I've been trying to do some research and from what I am gathering, Nforce chipsets have had problems with the 5000 series ATI cards but I wanted to get some more opinions on this and see what options I have. Would prefer not to have to buy anything new as he is on a limited budget

Is that the card that you're trying to install?

willstrotheide

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2010
To be honest with you, I am unsure. I was never able to identify which one had the faulty crossfire chip. However, I have used both of them individualy in my rig and they both work fine so there is nothing wrong with the cards other than one of them could not crossfire which I am not trying to do with his rig. Just trying to replace his old vid card with something better until he can save up enough to get a good one.

TRENDING THREADS