Selecting a Motherboard

Rmk5

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
Hey guys!

So in a recent event.. I lost the motherboard of the PC I had been using for awhile.
It was already in need of replacing.. it was just bad timing. Though, lucky for me
I have a buddy with an extra Motherboard/CPU I was able to pick up super cheap.

They are;
CPU: i5-650
Mobo: MSi P55-GD65

All kinds of excited to use a new (stronger) machine. I bought a new set of RAM (Corsair Vengeance 4GB x2 @1600)
A new PSU (Coolermax @750w) and just for fun I thought I would upgrade from my 8800GT 512mb to a EVGA 560 1GB
.. then, the MSi Mobo would not power up consistantly, period. After much fighting I got it to power at a constant but then noticed
that 2 of the 3 system fans would not produce power and also.. no video. Tested with 3 different cards and RAM, could not seem to get anything from it.
(when trying to use my older 8800GT, when powered the fan on it kicks into high gear and never lets up)

So now I'm looking at a new motherboard and essentially.. I've bought a whole new machine shy of the CPU.
I've been looking at the;
-EVGA P55 132-LF-E655-RX
or
-MSi Big Bang Fuzion

By default they're high up in price but I was able to find some good deals on both so..
I'm just looking for any opinions/insight on the two -or- I'm totally up to hear about other options that might be out there that I'm missing

Thanks!

ringelos

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
THE MSI Bing Bang Fuzion P55 has quite a price difference but from the two you should choose the Bing bang Fuzion because of the Lucid Hydra 200 northbridge. It pretty much allows you to put multiple gpus and it balances the load and you can also mix and match GPUs of different performance levels. Other than that feature the two boards are comparable from which brand you like better.