What SSD Recommended?

BuddiLuva

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2012
Hi Guys,

So I have a Spinpoint F3 and to be honest, the boot up time is slow (+1 minute)

I was wondering what would be the best SSD I could get for up to £100? Preferably 128GB

What kind of load times could I expect too? (Booting up windows)

spawnkiller

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
I have a Crucial M4 128gb, boot in windows so fast that i don't even see the windows logo, my screen just light at welcome screen for 1 sec then all my auto-launch programs, about 10, are already loaded and i'm ready to do whatever i want...

Like Bejusek wrote, it's 10-15 sec in loading, from motherboard post to all loaded and ready to work...

Bejusek

Distinguished
It's a good SSD, widely recommended some time ago. It's read performance is good, but the write speeds are below average. It's a model from the first half of 2011, so it's been on the market for more than two years. Newer SSDs offer better performance; if you want the best get the Samsung.

I'd be getting, in this order of preference, an OCZ Vector, Samsung 840 pro, OCZ Vertex 4, or Samsung 830. (Avoid the non-pro 840, it uses different NAND which isn't as reliable.)

For your price range, the Samsung 830 and Vertex 4 are going to be your best bets - both are equally reliable. The 830 is a tiny bit faster, but the Vertex 4 is cheaper, and the speed difference isn't noticeable, so I'd go for that.