What the heck are those numbers in parentheses?

What the heck are those numbers in parentheses that appear by your name in
Team-based games? As in, "SomeOldDude (115)."

Thanks,
SomeOldDude (Insert Number Here)

Meltdown

SomeOldDude enlightened us with:
> What the heck are those numbers in parentheses that appear by your
> name in Team-based games? As in, "SomeOldDude (115)."

If you're talking about the name you see above your teammate's head,
that's their health.

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

"SomeOldDude" <nunya@business.com> wrote in message

> What the heck are those numbers in parentheses that appear by your name in
> Team-based games? As in, "SomeOldDude (115)."

Hi Dude

More often than not, it's a clan designation...

A clan is a group of people who play together on/offline in the same
(cyber)gang.

Mine is ][JaG][JetSilVer, where the ][JaG][ denotes my clan.

Different clans have different "clan tags" and it may appear as:

=CLAN=
..=cLaN=.
[cLAn]
::CLAN::
(((-<kLAn>-)))
or whatever.
One of the smarter "clan tags" to have is AGUT. Although it's not really a
clan as per the formal meaning pertaining to online gaming communities, it's
a means of identifying people who frequent this particular newsgroup:
A lt.
G ames.
U nreal.
Tournament

HtH, and I that I haven't fallen for "silicone based life-form under the
thingy that goes over the water bait";)

--
Jet
It's been a long time-been a long time been a long-lonely lonely lonely

Meltdown

SomeOldDude enlightened us with:
> That raises another question... I haven't had much luck with the
> Buddy List portion of UT2004. I don't know if I'm just screwing up
> the clan designation punctuation, or what. Is there a good way to
> find and add someone to the buddy list, such as "][JaG][JetSilVer",
> if all you can remember is, "It was something like 'JetSilver.'"?

I think it's a bit weird too. I wish you could use someone's UserID
instead of a display name. I know some people who play under different
names. Using the UserID would allow me to keep track of them.

SomeOldDude wrote:

> That raises another question... I haven't had much luck with the
> Buddy List portion of UT2004. I don't know if I'm just screwing up
> the clan designation punctuation, or what. Is there a good way to
> find and add someone to the buddy list, such as "][JaG][JetSilVer",
> if all you can remember is, "It was something like 'JetSilver.'"?

I think *Jet* will work.

--
Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
Fix Outlook Express - http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/oe-quotefix/

"Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote in message
> SomeOldDude wrote:
> >
> > That raises another question... I haven't had much luck with the
> > Buddy List portion of UT2004. I don't know if I'm just screwing up
> > the clan designation punctuation, or what. Is there a good way to
> > find and add someone to the buddy list, such as "][JaG][JetSilVer",
> > if all you can remember is, "It was something like 'JetSilver.'"?
> >

> I think *Jet* will work.

Yep,

well in 2k4 anyways.

You can wildcard buddies, so if I want to track my clanmates down, ][JaG][*
, but i could be mistaken tho...

Sorry to be so vague, but just reinstalled XP *again* after vandalising my
system with an SP2 upgrade, havent got round to reinstalling 2k4 yet, on my
To-Do list :)

--
Jet