Computer Reboots after installing any PCIe Wireless network card

First I'll start with system specs

Board - Intel DG33TL
CPU - Core 2 Quad Q6600
600w Antec PSU
9600 GT GPU

Issue - Having a problem with currently USB wireless adapter - So decided to make the switch to a new PCIe Wireless card - I've tried 3 different cards. Linksys/Cisco, Belkin, and Buffalo. I tested all 3 cards in another machine before returning them to the local shop and they worked fine there. I go through the standard steps to install the cards, and as soon as I power on the PC it starts a reboot loop. On for a couple seconds, then reboot, never stops. Pull power and take out card, Clean boot up like nothing was wrong. Reinstall card - disconnect all but essentials and same thing.

At first I thought this was a problem with the PCIe Slot on the MB and I was able to get Intel to RMA my board directly since I did buy it direct from them. I get the new board. Same issue...

SO.. Anyone familar with this issue or an issue like it? Any advice would be great, Otherwise I'll stick to USB if i have to but I'd rather get a better performance boost from an internal card..
1 answer Last reply
More about computer reboots installing pcie wireless network card
  1. remove the back panel to the card and try it then, it may be shorting out to the back of the case. thats all i can think of.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Wireless Network