Need Help On New Computer Build, Desperatly

jayhussle

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
1: That website is ridiculously over priced.

2: Slot cooler is way overkill for the components you have chosen.

3: Ram = You could do wayyy better for half the price

4: That case well... You know it's your choice, but there's way better looking cases fr much less money

5: Check back to this thread in about 10 minutes, Let me do a little hunting around for you I'll edit this post with my results.

tizlls3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

ok kool thnx heaps, as long as it doesnt go past what my price is currently (1500) then im happy

jayhussle

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2010
Sorry, Taking note of the fact that you must use that website and after scrolling through the prices, I can see why you chose those particular components..

Too bad there isn't a newegg equivalent you could use, That sites prices are harsh and me (Not knowing conversion rates) It's hard for me to tell what your budget really is. All in all the components you chose would make an "Alright" build but you're blowing away quite a bit of you budget on that case, that case is really meant for an extreme rig that needs quite a bit more cooling than yours will. But hey, it's your money. Also instead of that slot cooler scroll down and look at the spec sheet for the case, it will tell you what cooling fans it comes with and what locations it has left over for extra fans and the size of the fans you will need for those particular locations, and go off of that.

tizlls3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010
i plan on upgradin in the future to 2 more graphics cards and more ram etc, and im going to run 3 24" screens off it so idk.. i just thought the case looked epic, and if your in america its almost dollar for dollar

cewhidx

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
I agree with Jayhussle about the slot cooler. If you drop that, you can put that money into your memory budget & get some with a cooling solution built in that will last you a while. That slot cooler will just be a waste of electricity imo.

tizlls3

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2010

cooling solution as in? sorry if this is making me sound really stupid but im only new to this :S