Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus 1608p class and device filters corrupt

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2011 4:19:22 AM

Hello,
Can this be fixed? I run windows xp. It's a desktop. It was not used for a few months and now these problems exist. I checked cables and connections and cleaned the machine. Everything looks good. The dvd writer will read a music cd. Thats it. Did tests and it says it can't write anything. Class and device filters are corrupt or missing. Reads system unknown and no option to format. It wont read data or dvds at all. Anydvd reads the drive but says no disc in drive when i put a dvd of any type in. Sees the drive in my computer and device manager identifying it as a dvd writer etc. Says drivers are ok. The drive is not old. Can it even be fixed? Thanx to all for taking the time to read this.of any kind in

Best solution

January 21, 2011 2:07:20 AM

Hello, and welcome to THG.

Sounds like you have a bad Drive. Weather one likes it or not, this can happen. Better get a new one. Also, how old is the system?
January 23, 2011 7:16:00 PM

dogman_1234 said:
Hello, and welcome to THG.

Sounds like you have a bad Drive. Weather one likes it or not, this can happen. Better get a new one. Also, how old is the system?

Old. It's my girlfriends. 2003 dell probably but the drive is fairly new. I make cds and dvs like crazy and since it seems my hard drive died (and her dvd drive died), i was just hoping for a temporary fix. I'll get a new hard drive eventually. Thanks for the welcome. I appreciate your reply.
m
l
January 31, 2011 9:53:58 PM

Best answer selected by dubuqueblues69.
m
l
!