Nzxt 140mm installation help

snoogins

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
I was just hoping I could ask some advice.

I bought a nzxt 140mm fan for the the replacement top to my a05n, and was having some problems with the screws.

The screws (that came with both the fan and the replacement top) don't seem to screw all the way down. I am going to strip them if I try any harder to screw them the rest of the way in.

Should I be getting some rubber washers to put in between the fan and the top, or what else can I do.

Solution
The fan screws are a self tapping style for plastic. Make sure they are tracking in straight, usually take a little more pressure to seat on a new fan. If you're getting a snug fit without them seating all of the way, a set of rubber washers wouldn't harm anything. In fact, they will act as a vibration dapmener.

jockey

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
The fan screws are a self tapping style for plastic. Make sure they are tracking in straight, usually take a little more pressure to seat on a new fan. If you're getting a snug fit without them seating all of the way, a set of rubber washers wouldn't harm anything. In fact, they will act as a vibration dapmener.

Solution