Does A cheap MotherBoard easily breaks??

Allan_01

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Im planning in my new build that

i3 2100 and
ASrock H61M-VS

I choose asrock H61M-VS because its cheap and it supports PCI-E 2.0 @x16

And im worried about the MOBO because I don't know that . will it break easily..

just because the MOBO is cheap does not mean it is junk; however, most likely the MOBO does not have all the bells and whistles that others do.

The H61M-VS only comes with a 10/100 network card.

ASrock is the 3rd biggest MOBO manufacturer in the world. There are manufacturers I keep my hands off and ASrock is not one of them.

n1kos_gr

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011

+1

G

not until recently has Asrock really started to shine by the visual appearance of the board. Use EVGA as a benchmark for Asrock to follow in terms of operation and I am sure Asrock is starting if not passing EVGA in some performance area's. And as for your answer they don't really have a problem with breaking I am of firm belief that 99.9 percent of the time with major mainboard(motherboard) company's the reason for breaking would be operator error.

g-unit1111

Titan
No the thing is no matter what motherboard you use - a lot of the time a motherboard fails is due to installation errors - if you install the motherboard properly - really take your time, check all the connections, route your cables correctly, there should be no problems whatsoever. But then again the key word there is should - there's so many different factors as to how and why a motherboard will work properly or fail that you really just have to go for it and see where that gets you.

vdr369

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

for an ordinary use means only for excel, and M.S.office ,and for browsing, any cheap board is best. But for performance and mainstream use you have to spend some bucks for a decent mother board.
My words in Simply
for MS office & net surfing go with cheap boards(BIOSTAR,ASROCK),

for Mainstream or htpc go with Mid range or Mainstream boards(budget motherboards pricing from 100 to 150 usd Asus,gigabyte,MSI and Intel)

for high end performance go with ultimate boards from ASUS or Gigabyte
:sol: :sol: :sol: