Can't join online games with UT2K4

It used to be all I would get is an error message that it failed to connect
to the server. Then I downloaded the latest patch (I guess I fell a little
behind) and now the message I get is:

"Incompatible GameFiles!
.../system/SPECIES_MercBot.u"

The file is there, heck if I know what makes it incompatible, though. Any
ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about join online games ut2k4
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Jamal Chapultapec <your@email.com> Blessed us with

    > It used to be all I would get is an error message that it failed
    > to connect to the server. Then I downloaded the latest patch (I
    > guess I fell a little behind) and now the message I get is:
    >
    > "Incompatible GameFiles! ../system/SPECIES_MercBot.u"
    >
    > The file is there, heck if I know what makes it incompatible,
    > though. Any ideas?

    Sounds similar to the old version mismatch error. Try moving the
    SPECIES_MercBot.u file to another directory or deleting it altogether
    then try to connect to the server again.

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in

    > Jamal Chapultapec <your@email.com> Blessed us with
    >
    >> It used to be all I would get is an error message that it failed
    >> to connect to the server. Then I downloaded the latest patch (I
    >> guess I fell a little behind) and now the message I get is:
    >>
    >> "Incompatible GameFiles! ../system/SPECIES_MercBot.u"
    >>
    >> The file is there, heck if I know what makes it incompatible,
    >> though. Any ideas?
    >

    > Sounds similar to the old version mismatch error. Try moving the
    > SPECIES_MercBot.u file to another directory or deleting it altogether
    > then try to connect to the server again.

    Hey! It worked! Thanks.

    Time to go back to getting my ass kicked!
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    >> JHall <jhall@playmlec.net> wrote in
    >>
    >> Sounds similar to the old version mismatch error. Try moving
    >> the SPECIES_MercBot.u file to another directory or deleting it
    >> altogether then try to connect to the server again.
    >
    > Hey! It worked! Thanks.
    >
    > Time to go back to getting my ass kicked!

    Your welcome and...thank you for posting back to let us know it
    worked! That helps us to be able to help other people that find
    themselves in your situation!

    "Best?? Only a fool will assume they're the best."

    Mr.K

    For questions you may have concerning UT, UT2003,
    or UT2004.
    http://www.unrealtower.org/faq

Games Error Message Video Games