Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ocz going bankrupt??

Last response: in Storage
February 1, 2013 11:08:24 PM

Just bought my ocz vector last week and i really regret it. i was told that ocz is going bankrupt and so im thinking of buyying a new ssd which is better

Sandisk SSD Extreme 240GB

OR

Intel SSD-330 240GB SATA3 SSD

:hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello: 

More about : ocz bankrupt

Best solution

a b G Storage
February 2, 2013 12:26:58 AM

well, the stock bottomed out in october through december. it is on the climb now, if they were going to go bankrupt it probably would have happened already.

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ocz/interactive-chart?time...

then again, what do i know.
February 2, 2013 12:35:28 AM

Ok i really hope they last a little longer
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
February 2, 2013 12:35:33 AM

Best answer selected by iwas.
m
l
February 2, 2013 12:41:39 AM

Your only regret should be if you bought a Vertex3.

Just because a company goes bankrupt, doesn't mean it's going out of business.

Life is too short to be having regrets over something as trivial as an SSD.

Be happy. :) 
m
l
a b G Storage
February 2, 2013 12:44:59 AM

nah, my vertex 3 works flawlessly.

there were issues in the early firmware but ocz did a good job of pushing out firmware update after firmware update.

my drive has worked flawlessly for a long time now, although i did suffer the bluescreen problem early on.
m
l
a b G Storage
February 2, 2013 12:48:33 AM

1) Why in the world would the company going bankrupt mean that you need a different SSD?

2) They aren't going bankrupt - their Vertex 4 and Vector SSDs are second best on the market, right behind samsung.
m
l
February 2, 2013 1:27:21 AM

neon neophyte said:
nah, my vertex 3 works flawlessly.

there were issues in the early firmware but ocz did a good job of pushing out firmware update after firmware update.

my drive has worked flawlessly for a long time now, although i did suffer the bluescreen problem early on.

Sorry, wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work well, just that there are much better/faster SSDs on the market now including the Vertex4.
m
l
a b G Storage
February 2, 2013 1:56:49 AM

JeauxBleaux said:
Sorry, wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work well, just that there are much better/faster SSDs on the market now including the Vertex4.

lol, your silly
Tom's can barely even tell the difference between SATA II and III in the real world.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sata-6gbps-performa...
The Vertex 3 is fine drive.
Well, at least prices have fallen in the past year. Performance? nothing much, unless your running lab tests.
m
l
a c 353 G Storage
February 2, 2013 2:05:02 AM

Is that based on ATTO or AS SSD (for sequencial performance), if atto I would check with as ssd. Myself, not impessed by benchmarks as real life day-2-day usage there is very little noticable performance difference.

OCZ stock price is only 40 Cents lower than AMDs. Would not worry unless it stays at under $2.00 for a period of time. Much lower than two it starts to get priced as a penny stock, and is delisted from main exchanges. The spike in thier stock price mid 2012 was based on a rumor that Seagate was going to buy them.

Yea it only took OCZ about 8 Monthes to fix the problems with vertex/agility III's, all the while blaming users and their hardware - even though the vertex 4 is OK performance wise, I refuse to buy their products.
m
l
!