Solved

Ocz going bankrupt??

Just bought my ocz vector last week and i really regret it. i was told that ocz is going bankrupt and so im thinking of buyying a new ssd which is better

Sandisk SSD Extreme 240GB

OR

Intel SSD-330 240GB SATA3 SSD

:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about bankrupt
  1. Best answer
    well, the stock bottomed out in october through december. it is on the climb now, if they were going to go bankrupt it probably would have happened already.

    http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/ocz/interactive-chart?timeframe=1y&charttype=line#.UQx5M2ekiUk

    then again, what do i know.
  2. Ok i really hope they last a little longer
  3. Best answer selected by iwas.
  4. Your only regret should be if you bought a Vertex3.

    Just because a company goes bankrupt, doesn't mean it's going out of business.

    Life is too short to be having regrets over something as trivial as an SSD.

    Be happy. :)
  5. nah, my vertex 3 works flawlessly.

    there were issues in the early firmware but ocz did a good job of pushing out firmware update after firmware update.

    my drive has worked flawlessly for a long time now, although i did suffer the bluescreen problem early on.
  6. 1) Why in the world would the company going bankrupt mean that you need a different SSD?

    2) They aren't going bankrupt - their Vertex 4 and Vector SSDs are second best on the market, right behind samsung.
  7. neon neophyte said:
    nah, my vertex 3 works flawlessly.

    there were issues in the early firmware but ocz did a good job of pushing out firmware update after firmware update.

    my drive has worked flawlessly for a long time now, although i did suffer the bluescreen problem early on.


    Sorry, wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work well, just that there are much better/faster SSDs on the market now including the Vertex4.
  8. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/04/ocz_vertex_4/

    vertex 4 has more iops
    vertex 3 has a higher sequential read, i would hardly call it slow
  9. JeauxBleaux said:
    Sorry, wasn't meaning to imply that it didn't work well, just that there are much better/faster SSDs on the market now including the Vertex4.


    lol, your silly
    Tom's can barely even tell the difference between SATA II and III in the real world.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/sata-6gbps-performance-sata-3gbps,3110-7.html
    The Vertex 3 is fine drive.
    Well, at least prices have fallen in the past year. Performance? nothing much, unless your running lab tests.
  10. neon neophyte said:
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/04/04/ocz_vertex_4/

    vertex 4 has more iops
    vertex 3 has a higher sequential read, i would hardly call it slow


    Hmmm, yep, double the IOPS.
  11. Is that based on ATTO or AS SSD (for sequencial performance), if atto I would check with as ssd. Myself, not impessed by benchmarks as real life day-2-day usage there is very little noticable performance difference.

    OCZ stock price is only 40 Cents lower than AMDs. Would not worry unless it stays at under $2.00 for a period of time. Much lower than two it starts to get priced as a penny stock, and is delisted from main exchanges. The spike in thier stock price mid 2012 was based on a rumor that Seagate was going to buy them.

    Yea it only took OCZ about 8 Monthes to fix the problems with vertex/agility III's, all the while blaming users and their hardware - even though the vertex 4 is OK performance wise, I refuse to buy their products.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD OCZ Storage