Antec Case is Loud

CaptainDirk

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2009
I just received my new PC, put together by the computer store. I ordered an Antec Three Hundred Versatile Mini Tower. Now I am in Israel and things are not always the freshest here. The Antec box says Copyright 2008 on it.

I haven't' even yet installed Linux--I am running a LiveCD, just to check out the machine. Then I will run memtest before I install.

But anyway the thing is LOUD. I paid extra to get a "silent case" but it's far from silent. VERY far.

I read somewhere that disabling the top fan may help. But it seems to me that the main back fan is also LOUD.

Feel a bit silly for ordering this GIGANTIC case, just to find louder than one of my older PCs. :(

If its anything like my Antec 300 each of the exhaust fans has a cable with a fan speed controller on the end.

The fans are very loud at full speed, try the switch and run them slower, keep them in the case though for cooling.

I have found that running them at the lowest setting is only a few degs warmer than full speed but without them things warm up quite a bit. I've also got 2 super quiet Enermax Everest fans in the front, the front fans are needed also.

Hope this solves the problem.