My keyboard freezes after booting

gyzas

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
alright,so i want to reinstall my windows 7. i made the cd already. the problem is, when it is asking me to press a button to boot from cd,my keyboard freezes.i cant press anything with it.i can choose the disc in the booting menu,but cant do anything with it. what could solve this problem?maybe there is a way to bypass the pressing screen?

Your hard drive still have an OS on it ?
If so, use disk management and check file system on hard drive.
Also check event viewer for errors.

Attempt to run chkdsk /r on hard drive.

Try to leave it for 30 minutes while frozen, it may be still working. It happens sometimes. Is your system older?

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
If you have regular ( non HP, or like DEll) mother board, and USB keyboard, if in BIOS you have disabled (support legacy USB devices) when you boot the keyboard will not work beyond bios booting screen, so pressing keys won't work, It will work to press Del key to enter bios (or other depending on board)

maybe that??

gyzas

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2011
ok,the light goes on but i cant turn off or on caps lock or num lock,but it unfreezes when the old windows load up.then it works perfectly fine.and it freezes only on the screen i mentioned before.it works fine in bios menu and all.and my pc is really old.it still has 8400gs and 4850e and 2gb ram. i have windows 7 installed on right now,but it worked before.
now enabling the legacy support the keyboard works,but there is another problem.when i boot the cd,it asks me what to do.there is Windows setup EPM and memory ???? i chose windows setup,it loaded up the files and the welcome screen wallpaper show up and nothing happened.is the disc bad?

duxducis

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
sadly disks go bad very often, the big tale tale of bad disk is when it freeze you should see disk drive lite go crazy(one in front of you dvd drive) and even maybe sound (like it try to read disk over and over)

Try and pull out all the cables on back of PC, and reseat them good.
By "you made windows 7 disk" it might been burn bad, also theoretically speaking depending where u got it, the image could have corrupted