New drive I got for last christmas, it worked perfectly until about 3 days ago. The read speed is ~2.36mbps and according to a benchmark the write speed is ~10mbps. Previously they were the normal 70-100.
I think the drive might be failing so I am currently moving all of my data off of it as fast as I can (no small task - taking 4 hours to move a 20gb file).
If there's anything at all I can do that might save it, it would be great to tell me. Two last things:
-it failed the Western Digital Data Lifeguard Diagnostic quick test and extended test
-after i move my data off i'm going to reformat, which might solve the problem (but probably not)