Lost all files in My Documents when Administrator password..

September 20, 2005 4:46:09 PM

Does anyone know why all files in My Docs would be removed when the Admin
password is removed? When I try to open the folder I get an error message.
and placing the mouse on the folder shows 0 files.

Is there anyway to get the files back? The drive has been changed to a
secondary hard drive on the PC so nothing is getting added or removed.

More about : lost files documents administrator password

Anonymous
September 20, 2005 9:58:30 PM

phanika wrote:
> Does anyone know why all files in My Docs would be removed
> when the Admin password is removed? When I try to open the
> folder I get an error message. and placing the mouse on the
> folder shows 0 files.
>
> Is there anyway to get the files back? The drive has been
> changed to a secondary hard drive on the PC so nothing is
> getting added or removed.

Were any of these files encrypted using XP's EFS? If not, you
might want to try taking ownership of the files. Take a look
here for the procedure:

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Good luck

Nepatsfan
!