Lost all files in My Documents when Administrator password..

Does anyone know why all files in My Docs would be removed when the Admin
password is removed? When I try to open the folder I get an error message.
and placing the mouse on the folder shows 0 files.

Is there anyway to get the files back? The drive has been changed to a
secondary hard drive on the PC so nothing is getting added or removed.

phanika wrote:
> Does anyone know why all files in My Docs would be removed
> when the Admin password is removed? When I try to open the
> folder I get an error message. and placing the mouse on the
> folder shows 0 files.
>
> Is there anyway to get the files back? The drive has been
> changed to a secondary hard drive on the PC so nothing is
> getting added or removed.

Were any of these files encrypted using XP's EFS? If not, you
might want to try taking ownership of the files. Take a look
here for the procedure:

"Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810881

Good luck

Nepatsfan

collar

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Hi,

Well, if the files were deleted then you can still restore them with data recovery tools, such as Active@ Undelete or Uneraser(DOS). They works really great so that is your chance.

http://www.active-undelete.com/
http://www.uneraser.com/

If you can not access you account in case the password was changed then Password Changer tool might help, it can reset password.
http://www.password-changer.com/