Setting up tourny for LANparty What are the best maps?

I'm setting up tourney for LANparty. I'm not a regular player of
UT2004. What are the best maps to use. There will be one winner no
teams.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Meltdown

samrock@aqo.iq enlightened us with:
> I'm setting up tourney for LANparty. I'm not a regular player of
> UT2004. What are the best maps to use. There will be one winner no
> teams.

You left out a rather important piece of information: how many
players?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 11:57:50 +0200, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>samrock@aqo.iq enlightened us with:
>> I'm setting up tourney for LANparty. I'm not a regular player of
>> UT2004. What are the best maps to use. There will be one winner no
>> teams.
>
>You left out a rather important piece of information: how many
>players?
>
>MeltDown

12 to 20 people

Meltdown

samrock@aqo.iq enlightened us with:
> 12 to 20 people

Ok. So, you want no team games. Basically, that gives you the choise
Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, Mutant and Invasion. What gametypes are
you going to play? Do you want regular weapons or instagib?

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:10:29 +0200, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>samrock@aqo.iq enlightened us with:
>> 12 to 20 people
>
>Ok. So, you want no team games. Basically, that gives you the choise
>Deathmatch, Last Man Standing, Mutant and Invasion. What gametypes are
>you going to play? Do you want regular weapons or instagib?
>
>MeltDown

I guess Mutant sounds cool.

I'm not a big UT player. So if you have advice on which would be
better please tell me.

But I guess mutant and regular weapons.

thanks

Meltdown

samrock@aqo.iq enlightened us with:
> I guess Mutant sounds cool.

Do you know what it is?

> I'm not a big UT player. So if you have advice on which would be
> better please tell me.

I played UT2004 with about 8 people, and one of the things I enjoyed
most was Instagib Mutant.

The good thing about Instagib is that when you die, you won't have to
go search for weaons and armor before you can get into a fight.

Good players die less. Without instagib, they thus spend less time
searching for weapons and more time killing others. The less good
players will be searching for weapons and ammo more, and are thus a
likely target.

If you want a fast and fun game, use instagib. With so many people,
instagib CTF will be fun too.

On 2004-07-12, MeltDown <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> schrieb:
> I played UT2004 with about 8 people, and one of the things I enjoyed
> most was Instagib Mutant.

I feel it is a very overlooked and underestimated gametype. I've played it
many times in Instagib mode, and found it to be thoroughly satisfying.

Cordially,

Kleeb.