Sign in with
Your question

How To Install a KeyBoard?

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2011 1:13:54 AM

Okay what I mean is I have a HP laptop with Vista, and I wanted to connect a External keyboard to it, So I got a PS2-USB adapter, I plugged it in, and nothing happened, I tried 2 different keyboards and usb ports, and restarted my computer, So Where and what driver would I have to download or how to get it to work?

THERE IS nothing in Bios to adjust i checked, and What about that you have to change the usb2.0 port to usb 1.0, how do i do that if thats the issue?

Thanks

More about : install keyboard

January 19, 2011 1:16:56 AM

Question... Maybe the adapter is bad??

I ran into many USB / PS2 adapters that are bad. Can you try it with a cheap $10 USB keyboard from somewhere or borrow one?
m
l
January 19, 2011 1:43:17 AM

tecmo34 said:
Question... Maybe the adapter is bad??

I ran into many USB / PS2 adapters that are bad. Can you try it with a cheap $10 USB keyboard from somewhere or borrow one?

well when i plug it in the keyboard lights up quickly, but nothing is being transmitted when i press the keys, like power goes to it, but i cant type
m
l
Related resources
January 19, 2011 2:34:48 AM

Did u check whether your keyboard is listed in device manager ?
m
l
January 19, 2011 6:50:34 AM

yutubemedia said:
this is what its listed: http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/6069/dddlo.png

And i dont know, if it was listed, shouldnt it be working?

yes, if its listed, it should work

Have you tried a different keyboard ...or...tried this keyboard in other laptop. Bcoz there may be two possibilities:
1. Your keyboard is bad :pfff: 
2. There is some software issue in your laptop (driver related or hardware conflict or i dont know).
m
l
January 19, 2011 6:52:04 AM

amjay1985 said:
yes, if its listed, it should work

Have you tried a different keyboard ...or...tried this keyboard in other laptop. Bcoz there may be two possibilities:
1. Your keyboard is bad :pfff: 
2. There is some software issue in your laptop (driver related or hardware conflict or i dont know).

i dont know though if any of those are th keyboard listed? could be other things. But yes tried 2 keyboards and 3 slots
m
l
January 19, 2011 5:56:50 PM

yutubemedia said:
Okay what I mean is I have a HP laptop with Vista, and I wanted to connect a External keyboard to it, So I got a PS2-USB adapter, I plugged it in, and nothing happened, I tried 2 different keyboards and usb ports, and restarted my computer, So Where and what driver would I have to download or how to get it to work?

THERE IS nothing in Bios to adjust i checked, and What about that you have to change the usb2.0 port to usb 1.0, how do i do that if thats the issue?

Thanks

If you plug ps2 you the computer needs to be off before plunging it in.

1- shut down computer
2- plug ps2 keyboard
3- boot up

if it doesn't work = bad keyboard or bad plug in

if it didn't work usb good chance you got a bad keyboard
m
l
January 19, 2011 6:19:20 PM

dextermat said:
If you plug ps2 you the computer needs to be off before plunging it in.

1- shut down computer
2- plug ps2 keyboard
3- boot up

if it doesn't work = bad keyboard or bad plug in

if it didn't work usb good chance you got a bad keyboard

Tried it, does not work still. And its not a bad keyboard, I tried 2 different keyboards, 3 different USB slots, and the keyboards light up when i plug the PS2 adapter in, but I just cant type or use any keys at all
m
l
!