Closed Solved

Is this a good card?

I was thinking about buying a GTX 460 1gb.

It's a nVidia Model P1041 External Exhaust with only 1-6pin connector.
It's SLI capable and has HDMI/2DVI's.

It came off of an Alienware and was used for 2 days.

Is this a good card?
What's a good price to buy this at?

Thanks in advance!
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about good card
  1. Seeing as it's second-hand, and not a OC'd card I wouldn't advise paying over $125 or so. and thats because it wasn't used s*** all. Usually its a 50% devaluation with the current cheapest one at $230 that's $115.
  2. I'd go 2/3's on this one if you know that it is just two days old and was never overclocked and it was an eVGA card.
  3. @ decode - I can OC the card myself, I won't be receiving a warranty with it.

@ jsc - You'd recommend the EVGA 460?
  4. EVGA is a good brand, yes it's recommended.

Seeing as it's not a OC card it'll have stock fan so it may get a bit hot with overclocking. Not sure on how great the stock fan is but you should at-least get a 10~15% oc out of it.
  5. eVGA has just about the highest build quality of the nVidia card makers.
  6. decode said:
    Seeing as it's second-hand, and not a OC'd card I wouldn't advise paying over $125 or so. and thats because it wasn't used s*** all. Usually its a 50% devaluation with the current cheapest one at $230 that's $115.

This doesn't resemble the reality of the second hand video card market in the slightest. You really shouldn't make stuff up when giving out advice.
  7. So what would be a good price to purchase this item at?
  8. Ask the owner how much is giving it away at and post it here.
  9. He said $200 since it's a new card and the 1gb version.
    Does it only have 1-6pin connector make it less powerful, or is it just energy efficient?
  10. Best answer
    $200 is too much, $180 is buy-able and $140 is a steal.
    Having 1 6-pin means it wont OC much higher than stock but other than that nothing much.
  11. Alright, I'll see what price he'll settle at.

Thank you all for your help, sorry I can only choose 1 as the best answer.
  12. Best answer selected by jaguarmatt.
  13. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Nvidia Graphics