My New Upgrade, Will It Work Right?

ArchAngelAlien

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Hey guys I need some advice and some help from you experts.

Basically I am a gamer, and I have noticed my system suffer from time to time while recording footage with bandicam or fraps and ect.

My current setup is as follows:

CPU: Phenom X4 970 BE 3.5 Ghz Quad Core Stock Clocks.
Mobo: ASUS M4A77D AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 770 ATX AMD Motherboard

Ram: 4x1gb sticks of Gskill DDR2 5-5-5-15 total of 4gb

Case: LOGISYS Computer Area 51 CS51WBK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Okay first off I do have all my parts I want to upgrade to. I am keeping my current video card, hardrive, ssd and power supply.

I am replacing the parts listed above with-

CPU: 2500k -(Saving 100 dollars cause I heard it overclocks the same as 2600k and I dont need HT)
Mobo- Asus Maximus Extreme Gene-Z - Micro Atx board thats cheap and awesome!
Ram: Corsair Dominator GT 2x2GB 1866 mhz w/ fan cooler

Case: Cooler master Haf 922 blue edition.

I will be using the stock cooler till I can afford a h100 and do a push/pull system, I heard that I may need to mount the pull fans on top of the case which doesn't bother me, but some confrimation would be nice.

Will that ram play well with that motherboard? I heard this board can auto clock your ram and cpu in less that 2 mins in the mouse driven bios, I am hoping that is true I don't know to overclock.

Is this a good case to invest money in? My budget is 600.00 and this all comes in at newegg.com at 605.22 with shipping.

I am pairing my new setup with a 6970 and a 640 gb hdd and a 40gb ssd.

I also do plan to do crossfire 6970s with this board.

Will I see a big performance gain?

AbdullahG

Distinguished
With an i5 2500k, you will notice a performance boost. As for the motherboard, you chose out a nice one, but I would go for something cheaper (you can still keep the current one if you want though):

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131786

If you have no intent of OC your RAM to extremes, you don't need the fan that comes with it. I would consider this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233144

If you have enough money, use it and invest in a CPU cooler.