Corsair vs2gb800d2 compatibility

ghera2711

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
dear all,
I have a a desktop PC with following specs:

MoBo: Asus P5B (PCI-Ecpress 16X, up to 8 GB of RAM @ 800 MHz)
RAM: 2 x 2GB corsair VS2GB800D2
Video: Ati Radeon HD 5850
WiFI: Sitecom PCI WS171 54g turbo
PSU: Kraun Modular Power Supply 700 W (with 12V @ 16 A)
Processor: intel core 2 duo 2.136 GHz

I've recently upgraded my PC with above RAM, PSU and Video card and since the upgrade, the system became totally unstable with a lot of random Blue Screens, windows restores, drivers automatic removal ad so on….

I made some tests to understand who is the responsible for that:

1 - most recent video drivers downolad and install
2 - most recent MoBo BIOS upgrade
3 - all windows upgrades
4 - replacement of old Belkin USB wifi adapter with the sitcom one
5 - all external peripheral disconnection
6 - memtest of each RAM module (no errors resulting)
7 - replacement of 2GB @ 800 MHz modules with old 2x 1 GB @ 333MHz modules
8 - BIOS timing and voltage RAM settings (timing 5-5-5-18, voltage 1.9V, freq. 800 MHz)

the results are the following:

With old RAM modules (2x 1GB @333 MHz) the system is stable (no error on 5 memtest cycles)
With just one new RAM module (2GB @800MHz) the system is stable (no errors on 5 memtest cycles)
With both new RAM modules the system is severely unstable.

So, I'm think the responsible should be saome incompatibility between RAM modules and MoBo or video card, but I don't find anything about it, in any forum...
Did Anyone have a similar issue? Did anyone have a suggestion to solve this problem (exempt buy different type RAM modules?)

Thank you very much.

ghera2711

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I restored default parameters in the BIOS (except the "Memory remap feature", in order to recognize 4 GB). Then I swapped RAM modules in dimm sockets on all combinations: A1-A2; A1-B1; A1-B2; A2-B1; A2-B2; B1-B2. Alway the same message of memtest: "memtest has detected that your computer cannot accurately store data in RAM". Today I will go back to the shop to try to exchange the modules with another two of a different brand. Neverthless I am pretty sure that each module it's ok (memtest on each single module reported no errors...).