Keyboard Doesn't always work

BenW301

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I have a GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard and a simple logitech USB (non-wireless) keyboard. It was working great for two+ years until about a week ago. At that time the keyboard stopped working during certain parts of the bios. For instance, when I start the computer and it displays the initial options (press Delete for Setup, F12 for boot options, etc.) it works and I can select stuff. If I go into setup then it works fine the entire time. However, if I choose "boot options" or if I have a "windows didn't shut down correctly error do you want to start in safe mode" the keyboard doesnt work at all even though there is power going to it. Once the OS is loaded there is never a problem. So why would the keyboard stop working in only one part of the bios? Thanks

alxianthelast

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
I have a brand similar setup to yours and have noticed spotty keyboard issues with BIOS too. Only mine sometimes won't initially work for turning the computer on (I have it set to turn on by tapping the keys or mouse also logitech, so I try the other when one doesn't work).

All I can recommend is updating your BIOS, and checking up on gbyte's website for follow ups on this issue.