What is the best server option that i can buy with minimum 16 GB RAM?

I don't want to go for a high-end server like sun/dell 32 GB RAM or 128TB of internal storage.

I still need a good processor probably a quad core. With decent amount of internal memory should be some terabytes. I need this server as main computational power for my test lab. RAID support would be essential for redundancy and availability. I want to run various set of applications / databases / virtual machines / practically anything which would fit in network security testing scenario.

Can you guys please provide me the decent server with the above mentioned requirements?

thank you
4 answers Last reply
More about what server option minimum
  1. asadz said:
    I don't want to go for a high-end server like sun/dell 32 GB RAM or 128TB of internal storage.

    I still need a good processor probably a quad core. With decent amount of internal memory should be some terabytes. I need this server as main computational power for my test lab. RAID support would be essential for redundancy and availability. I want to run various set of applications / databases / virtual machines / practically anything which would fit in network security testing scenario.

    Can you guys please provide me the decent server with the above mentioned requirements?

    thank you


    Well they now make 32 GB of RAM on one stick.

    http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=A418349&rsmainid=ND0130014

    It's just a matter of how many of these you want to put on your motherboard before you go broke :)
  2. AllanCameron said:
    Well they now make 32 GB of RAM on one stick.

    http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=A418349&rsmainid=ND0130014

    It's just a matter of how many of these you want to put on your motherboard before you go broke :)



    its actually 4 sticks 8gb each of you read the title.
  3. bavman said:
    its actually 4 sticks 8gb each of you read the title.


    My mistake, trusted the search terms a bit too much.
  4. Here is a server board that will go up to 256 GB of RAM.

    http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=7010929
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt RAM Servers Systems