Sign in with
Your question

What is the best server option that i can buy with minimum 16 GB RAM?

Last response: in Systems
October 25, 2010 1:32:52 PM

I don't want to go for a high-end server like sun/dell 32 GB RAM or 128TB of internal storage.

I still need a good processor probably a quad core. With decent amount of internal memory should be some terabytes. I need this server as main computational power for my test lab. RAID support would be essential for redundancy and availability. I want to run various set of applications / databases / virtual machines / practically anything which would fit in network security testing scenario.

Can you guys please provide me the decent server with the above mentioned requirements?

thank you
October 25, 2010 6:23:58 PM

asadz said:
I don't want to go for a high-end server like sun/dell 32 GB RAM or 128TB of internal storage.

I still need a good processor probably a quad core. With decent amount of internal memory should be some terabytes. I need this server as main computational power for my test lab. RAID support would be essential for redundancy and availability. I want to run various set of applications / databases / virtual machines / practically anything which would fit in network security testing scenario.

Can you guys please provide me the decent server with the above mentioned requirements?

thank you

Well they now make 32 GB of RAM on one stick.

http://www.nextdaypc.com/main/products/details.aspx?PID=A418349&rsmainid=ND0130014

It's just a matter of how many of these you want to put on your motherboard before you go broke :) 
m
l
Related resources
October 25, 2010 6:33:57 PM

bavman said:
its actually 4 sticks 8gb each of you read the title.

My mistake, trusted the search terms a bit too much.
m
l
!