Recently I have built a computer for a friend. These are the specs

Phenom II x4 955
ASRock M3A770DE
radeon hd 5750
4 gigs of ddr3 1333 g. skill ram
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1501FASS
LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM Drive
APEVIA ATX-AS520W-BK

The installation of the hardware went fine but the problem is that I cant install any operating system. When I try to install windows 7 I get one of 3 things:

1) A bsod
2) An error message after the windows logo saying that an hard error occurred with some .dll file
3) When expanding the windows 7 files a box pops up saying that an error has occurred (0x80070570) and that the install failed

After this i tried installing ubuntu but that just caused a kernel panic. So far I have tried 3 dvd drives (2 internal and 1 external) I am at my wits end here. Any information that could could be helpful would greatly be appreciated

More about : figure wrong computer

October 25, 2010 2:11:50 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Buwish
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 25, 2010 3:53:29 PM

Well I unplugged my hdd and tried to run ubuntu from a CD and it still did not work so the hdd is not the problem but I will try the ram later when my friend gets back from school. Though I'm starting to get the feeling that the sata ports on the mobo might be defective. I'll have to try out that theory too later
Related resources
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
October 25, 2010 4:13:49 PM

I believe so. I mean they are not disabled since the dvd drive half works. but how do I check that in the bios?
a b B Homebuilt system
October 25, 2010 7:12:07 PM

What version of BIOS are you running and which Phenom IIx4 processor do you have (125 watt or 95 watt)?

...and yes, test the RAM.

-Wolf sends
!