Seagate Hard Drive Periodically Stops Responding.

Hi,

I recently built my first PC, I ordered the seagate barracuda 7200 hard drive. Recently while I am using the pc it will freeze crash, to the blue screen, and then tell me to "Insert proper boot device, and reboot". If I do a hard reset my drive returns, and the computer boots normally. My optical drive has never had this issue, so Im assuming the problem stemming from the hard drive. I have checked the Sata cable, and ports.

I have ran virus, and hard drive tests, and it has passed every one.

My Specs:
i5 3570k
Asrock z77 extreme 4
8 gigabytes dual channel corsair ram
GTX 680
Corsair 750w power supply

I'd be extremely grateful if somebody could help,
Paul
8 answers Last reply
More about seagate hard drive periodically stops responding
  1. Check the boot device order in the BIOS and set it to the disk that contains the OS as the first device.
  2. It's already the first one, the hard drive disappears off the bios, until I hard restart.
  3. Your SATA ports are labeled 0, A0, 1 and A1 I believe. Use either port 0 or port 1, the A0 and A1 are not native SATA.

Then go into BIOS and ensure that you have set it for AHCI (unless you plan to build a RAID array).
  4. Thank you, but I have already done that, Should I update my Bios?
  5. Yes update the BIOS - this stuff is still new and bugs are constantly being worked out.
  6. ok, Ill tell you if it works. :)

Quick question Do you guys know anything about asrock instant flash or internet flash.
  7. So far, so good I updated the bios, and the issue isn't happening I guess Ill leave it on for a while to test it.
  8. Mrluap said:
    So far, so good I updated the bios, and the issue isn't happening I guess Ill leave it on for a while to test it.

Yes. Normally the BIOS is updated (flashed) only if there are some problems. No problems no flash.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Seagate Storage