Event ID: 1004
Date: 9/21/2005
Time: 8:23:50 PM
User: computer\user
Computer: computer
Detection of product '{8315D4B0-9BF2-4D63-8654-74B89D288D6E}', feature
'Password_Manager', component '{A1C5F10A-A8AF-44F2-8295-C1871C20C4AA}'
failed. The resource 'K:\' does not exist.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

Sounds like a Norton specific problem ,so nothing to say other than
reinstalling password manager.
--
Regards,
Pramit Roy

"seth" wrote:

> i had data on a drive which i consolidated to another drive and deleted the
> partition
> the drive was K
>
> now, when I open IE or if something opens a new window in IE, windows
> installer runs and asks for the source cd for norton password manager (which
> was installed from the CD (drive Z))
>
> i have to cancel it 3 times before it goes away, but comes back again next
> time a window is open
> why?? password manager works fine when i run it
>
> Event Type: Warning
> Event Source: MsiInstaller
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1004
> Date: 9/21/2005
> Time: 8:23:50 PM
> User: computer\user
> Computer: computer
> Detection of product '{8315D4B0-9BF2-4D63-8654-74B89D288D6E}', feature
> 'Password_Manager', component '{A1C5F10A-A8AF-44F2-8295-C1871C20C4AA}'
> failed. The resource 'K:\' does not exist.

seth

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?)

i was leaning towards that, just didn't make sense how it is spawned by
doing something from IE
i can understand if i try to use the program and that happened, but being
caused by IE made it stranger