I am looking to build a ~1200 gaming pc in the next week or two. I'm hoping to build something that will have some longevity to it - ie: I can just buy another card for crossfire/sli in the future to keep it going for an extra year.
Currently here is what I've picked out based on other forum comments and reading around. (I prefer newegg to buy from, but if there is a cheaper legit alternative i'm always open to that).
Total with MIR's: 1116 (not including already purchased graphics card).
I also already have a mouse, and I'm going to get an upgrade to windows 7 x64 professional.
I hope that covers it. Located in KY (for purchasing reasons this may be relevant).
Thanks in advance for any guidance in terms of:
1. Do you have a better recommendation for parts based on this ~price range
2. Can this current setup be overclocked without additional cooling/whatever (i'im not really comfortable with overclocking, but there appear to be several good guides that I would look into in maybe a year if I feel it needs a boost.
3. Is the psu good enough for future sli/crossfire?
4. edit: I don't have a keyboard, anyone know of a cheap decent keyboard, preferably with some controls for itunes/music while playing a game (next song, volume up and down etc.) - thanks : )
and I didn't use any smilies which seems to be the thing to do, so:
1. Yes, very nice build, though some may reccomend a newer gen SSD which I don't know enough about to tell you what to buy, someone will show up soon with more info on that.
2. Yes easily overclocked and nice cooler for it too.
3. Yes, more than enough.
Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know about the parts. I'll see if anyone suggests a different SSD. I just enjoy that one due to the 80gb size vs several others that are only ~60.
I thought about making a pun involving the speed of your reply to my post and your name being 'sonic-boom' but then stopped.... : )
If you want a gaming keyboard where it shows stats in game on a small lcd screen on your keyboard then the Logitech G15 is for you and it also has illuminated keys for night-time gaming. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
sells for $75 normally but has a rebate until the end of today for $55 total price.
I currently have the G11 and will be buying the G15 today!