Sign in with
Your question

CM Cosmos S Question

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2011 3:32:32 PM

Going to buy the Cosmos S in a week or so. After plenty of research I've come to the conclusion that this is the best suited case for my build and price range. However I was also interested in the Pure black, due to it's overall awesome appearance. But in reality the Cosmos S (which is the oldest version, and not the most aesthetically pleasing) is going to give me the best air cooling, considering I will have it right by my window with the 200mm fan. Which will result in cold air being sucking into and over the GPUs (This is the one of the main features that appealed to me). However I've seen videos and people saying that the Cosmos S comes with an optional side panel window. So I'm wondering if the Pure Black also comes with some kind of optional fan-installed side panel? Cause that would be the bomb...

Also, the Cosmos 1000 looks pretty insane too, and the same question goes for it, If it comes with an optional fan-mounted side-panel?

And can someone please clarify what the "Black Label" is? I don't see any information on it on CM's site...

And lastly, are there any considerate gains or loses that I will come over if I were to choose the 1000 or the Pure over the Cosmos S? I know I will loose one top 120mm fan..and for some reason the interior of the Cosmos S looks slightly bigger, and room is what I need.

Thanks^^

More about : cosmos question

a c 91 ) Power supply
January 19, 2011 5:45:05 PM

Cosmos S is an updated version of the 1000/pure.. In terms of cooling however, you can get better cases for lesser price..
January 19, 2011 9:15:29 PM

Emperus said:
Cosmos S is an updated version of the 1000/pure.. In terms of cooling however, you can get better cases for lesser price..

The Cosmos S is an update from trhe pure and 1000 really?You sure Ive always thought the S came first..the one with the side mounted fan..got any case suggestions btw?
Related resources
January 20, 2011 7:41:46 AM

Anyone ? no one? common I know you guys can help me out
a b ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 11:58:41 AM

The CM HAF-X is slightly smaller, but with sideways HDD mount, actually has more room. Features black interior, more fan mounts, better air flow, 2 extra expansion slots ... for the same price as the Cosmo-S.
If you are set on the Cosmo, you could always consider painting the interior black and purchasing a side windowed panel. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 91 ) Power supply
January 20, 2011 5:09:33 PM

The S came later for sure.. It is the only Cosmos with a side fan.. As for alternatives, there are plenty.. For the price of the Cosmos S, my personal favorite is the Silverstone FT02..
!