Sign in with
Your question

Graphics card stuck on 509mhz Memory

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 6, 2010 1:49:19 PM

Whenever I use a 3d application, such as any games I like to play, my ingame display (Msi Afterburner) shows that the Memory clock is always at 509Mhz. Even though I try overclocking it to the 1000's. Though my Core Clock is fine when it overclocks...any ideas as to why this happens?

some specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium
4gb Ram
400w PSU
ATI 5670 XFX 512mb: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Ati overdrive noted it was fine to clock it at 1000mhz also, if that helps at all.
a c 173 U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 2:01:30 PM

Dang that dog don't hunt!

Jokes aside you didn't tell us any thing about your system. That is like me calling into a pizza joint asking for just any thing they got.
m
l
September 6, 2010 2:10:15 PM

Sorry, edited, tell me if there's anything else needed to know.
m
l
Related resources
a c 173 U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 3:23:26 PM

This is a common issue with the 5k series ati cards but you can try tinkering with the driver profile but you will have to look that up. Same fix as with the higher end cards like the 57x0 and the 58x0.
m
l
September 8, 2010 5:11:21 PM

nforce4max said:
This is a common issue with the 5k series ati cards but you can try tinkering with the driver profile but you will have to look that up. Same fix as with the higher end cards like the 57x0 and the 58x0.

Do you know where/how I would start on that? I have no idea other then looking around in CCC for Ati. :sweat: 
m
l
a c 173 U Graphics card
September 8, 2010 5:27:26 PM

XyzLegend said:
Do you know where/how I would start on that? I have no idea other then looking around in CCC for Ati. :sweat: 

Sadly you will have to search for it but there are/were a few threads up on this issue here on thg. You can also search the other forums. Beyond that I really can't help you as I don't own a Radeon 5k series card. Try updating those awful drivers. This is why I went nvidia despite the price and the heat.
m
l
!