Video Editing Build Approx. 1000 CAD (AVCHD editing)

TheHolyThief

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
Hey, I just purchased a Canon t2i and I need a new computer for editing the HD footage with Premiere and possibly After Effects. I am looking for a prebuilt computer because I can't build any, but I am willing to have someone build it for me if that is the best option.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Boxing Day 2010

BUDGET RANGE: Approx 1000 CAD, give or take a couple hundred

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Internet, Word

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard, Monitor

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: ncix/newegg COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: CA

PARTS PREFERENCES: none

OVERCLOCKING: No SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1280 x 1024

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just need to be able to keep a decent workflow with h.264 footage from my HDSLR.

Thanks for any help.

G

This is a customized Dell Studio XPS 7100 for $1000 CAD:

Processor AMD Phenom™ II X6 1090T + ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 1GB

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

Security Software McAfee SecurityCenter, 30-Day Trial

Office Software No Option Selected

Memory 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz- 2 DIMMs

Hard Drive 1TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache

Monitor No Monitor

Optical Drive 16X DVD+/-RW Drive

Modem and Wireless No Modem Option

Keyboard Dell USB Entry Keyboard

Mouse Dell Studio Optical Mouse

Speakers No speakers

mobrown1111

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2010
I say you should shell out a little more cash and get this one - HP Pavilion Elite HPE-470f Desktop PC.

it is selling for about $1200 at this link

http://www.amazon.com/HP-Pavilion-Elite-HPE-470f-Desktop/dp/B003ZX87MW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1288484672&sr=8-1

It's a whole lot of computer for the price, I would suggest eventually upgrading the BURNER to a bluray burner/player. That is what you would need if you are going to burn those 1080p images to disc in order to get true 1080p playback from an external source (bluray player or sony ps3) to tv. At least that is what Canon told me when I called there tech support. I couldn't tell you why that is. I am so new at this whole digital video thing...I am so old school! I still have a DV recorder that I will never get rid of! LOL. I too have a Canon T2i and have to buy a new computer. I will never catch up with the technology...it's always something! LOL. I was going to build a computer myself but I stumbled on this one for same price if not a little cheaper than it would cost me to build it...so why deal with the hassle right? I hope this info helps. Also I have been enjoying all the info I have been getting from Dave Dugdale's website:

http://www.learningdslrvideo.com

He has a Canon T2i also and bought an hp i7 930 but he only has quad core this is a six core and it is less expensive. Probably because its AMD and not intel. I have used both and I like AMD better its just as efficient for less $ but it's just not the brand name.

I hope this info was helpful...I am in the same situation so good luck to you!

Cheers!