Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Computers
  • Power
  • External Hard Drive
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
February 3, 2013 6:52:38 AM

While connecting My Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 Portable hard disc with the Computer / Laptop, the power light lights on for a second and going off. The portable hard disk does not connect with the computer there by i am unable retrieve any data stored with in.

As per the advise of the system engineer, i replaced with new cable. Even then the problem persists. Could you please suggest me on how to solve this problem

More about : external hard drive power

a c 133 G Storage
February 3, 2013 7:10:43 AM

shriramappurao said:
While connecting My Toshiba Canvio Basics 3.0 Portable hard disc with the Computer / Laptop, the power light lights on for a second and going off. The portable hard disk does not connect with the computer there by i am unable retrieve any data stored with in.

As per the advise of the system engineer, i replaced with new cable. Even then the problem persists. Could you please suggest me on how to solve this problem

if the unit has a power supply take it to someone with a volt meter and see if the output ok. if not if you need the data then i would take the drive out of the case and plug it in to your home pc. if it not the drive..it could be a small board inside the hard drive case.
m
l
a b G Storage
February 3, 2013 7:22:01 AM

also check to make sure that the usb port is powered

This unit ppears to be completely powered by the USB connection
Also try using a USB 3 connection over the 2.0 conection

And this problem has persisted over multiple systems?

As mentioned above there are multiple points of failure
m
l
!