How Did I Do? Opinion?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
They will fall off, I use the heatsinks with the sticky thermal pads already on.
Or you can just buy some sticky thermal pads to use on those heatsinks.

The 1st pic looked ok but the 2nd one looked like it had been spread about with a stick. :na:

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

noooooo, so r u saying i need to take them off and put them back on?

also, i noticed the STOCK cooling case had a thermal pad for this part, but my vga cooler instruction does not note to put a heat sink on it, i dont even know what it is?

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/1135/rimg0088g.jpg

Whats the new cooler you are installing and what sort of paste are you using?

Depends if the new fan cooler generates airflow over that power inductor thing.

So the silver heatsinks didn't have a peel off backing with a sticky thermal pad underneath?

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

im using a arctic cooling accelero and no there was no thermal pads, they provide you a bottle of thermal adhesive and the instruction say to use the thermal goo stuff.

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

so your saying i should put the heatsink on that weird bar thats wrapped in plastic even though the instructions do not show to do so?

Mate, thats a monster I wouldn't worry, thats gonna push loads of air through the grill onto the card.
You probably don't even need the other heatsinks with that beast but best to fit them.

Just a small dot of adhesive in the middle, push and hold for 10 secs and leave to set for 1 hr.

Should be fine as per instructions. :D

yutubemedia

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010

haha okay cool. So all i need to do now is install the main cooler. I heard people talking about having to wait 24 hours before installing the card with the cooler or something, that must not be true anymore.