Sign in with
Your question

LED case fan lights up, but doesn't spin

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2011 9:06:35 PM

Molex connector plugged directly into power supply.
The fan itself has both a male and female molex connector.
My PSU just has a female molex connector.
I'm not entirely sure if I should plug both in or just mate the male with the female on the PSU.
I know it has power since the LED is on, but why isn't this thing spinning?

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
[using stock fans, problems with the front and top fans, the back one works fine].

Note:
Sorry if I put this in the wrong subsection, not sure if this is a power supply problem, case problem, or fan problem. First time posting on here :) 
a b ) Power supply
January 19, 2011 9:39:25 PM

Sounds like a Fan problem to me. The LED lighting tells me its getting power, so it should be spinning.
m
l
a c 141 ) Power supply
January 19, 2011 10:39:10 PM

The fan molex connectors have both male and female molex connectors so that you can daisy chain multiple ones together. Try swapping which plug you use or plugging all the fans together and using one PSU connector. Usually ya can open the connectors and see if they are connected properly....I have had to re-sodder 1 or 2 in my day

It's a Rosewill case so it's basically a "house brand" component. I wouldn't expect much in the way of quality.
m
l
January 19, 2011 10:52:50 PM

Thank you, I will try this. I'm thinking about just returning the case. It is rather cheaply constructed :( 

Edit: I'm a bit busy as of now, but I'll post back with the results in a day or two.
m
l
!