Sign in with
Your question

First Build strictly for World of Warcraft(Cataclysm)

Last response: in Systems
October 25, 2010 10:23:50 PM

So with Christmas around the corner, and the release of Blizzards new expansion my brother has been asking me to build him a computer. Sadly this will have to be built from ground up with no re-usable parts. The budget is strictly 600$ however I might put some of my own money into this to help him out.

At most this PC would be running World of Warcraft, Firefox with some streaming music and possibly Runescape or a virus scanner in the background. He would mainly like to have 50+ FPS in 25 man raids.

Being a first time builder and not fully understanding hardware or having bought from numerous manufacture's I'm having a lot of trouble chosing parts. :??:  One of my main questions is if I should go with a Dual or Quad core CPU for WoW? Another thing that I would like to add is that he will not need a large storage HDD. Just something reliable that can hold a few applications with a decent speed.

Here is what I have so far...

CPU and Motherboard combo: $151.98
AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition Callisto 3.2GHz
ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX

Power Supply and Hard Drive combo: $99.98($15 MIR)
OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM

Case and OS combo: $149.98
COOLER MASTER HAF 912
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM: $69.99
Kingston ValueRAM 4GB (2 x 2GB)

GPU: $139.99
ASUS ENGTS450 DirectCU TOP/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi)

Optical Drive: $21.99
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer

Total: $633.91 (before MIR)

Thoughts and Suggestions? I also noticed another CPU/Mobo combo deal from newegg with a BIOSTAR motherboard. It seemed very cheap and had alot of 5 egg reviews I have not heard much about BIOSTAR though. So I am a little timid.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?Ite...
!