Sign in with
Your question

ATI FirePro V4800 good for MAYA compatable with DELL XPS9000?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 5:49:29 PM

Can I use a workstation card in my Dell XPS9000?
I was thinking of purchasing an ATI FirePro V4800 1GB GDDR5 is this a good choice to Work with Maya?
This graphics card would cost me about 200$ Cnd and has good reviews.

I contacted ATI and they said, it is possible that I could have bios issues, but that they are unfamiliar with the XPS9000 so
couldn't say for sure.
please if you have any knowledge or recommendations in this regard I would really appreciate your HELP!!!

More about : ati firepro v4800 good maya compatable dell xps9000

a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 7:07:41 PM

You should contact Dell for assistance.. Personnely, i don't see a reason as to why it wont support it.. And yes, the FirePro V4800 is good with Maya.. But be sure of your no gaming needs as workstation cards do not perform in that genre..
m
l
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 7:12:16 PM

It will, the XPS900 has 2.0 slots IIRC and supports all GPUs, the PSU should be beefy enough also.

However I'm not sure how will it support Maya, Id suggest you google/ask around for answers. Though I'm inclined to believe a similarly priced desktop card should work fine if not better.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
September 6, 2010 7:51:06 PM

Emperus said:
You should contact Dell for assistance.. Personnely, i don't see a reason as to why it wont support it.. And yes, the FirePro V4800 is good with Maya.. But be sure of your no gaming needs as workstation cards do not perform in that genre..

I think you have never asked Dell for support before as this is a paid service as far as Dell goes, I have posed a similar post on Dells forum, and I am hoping for an answer.
as well Dell will not speculate on a product they themselves do not sell.
m
l
!